The following resources give brief overviews of some of the therapeutic modalities we use. We hope you find these articles informative and useful!
Family Based Therapy (FBT):
Family Based Therapy (FBT) is a leading, evidence-based treatment for adolescent anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa. For more information:
- Mayo Clinic; Family-based therapy highly effective for more anorexia patients
- Adolescent Health, Medicine and Therapeutics; Family-based treatment of eating disorders in adolescents: current insights
Emotion-Focused Family Therapy (EFFT):
Emotion-Focused Family Therapy (EFFT) is an evidence-based treatment that is especially effective in conjunction with Family Based Therapy, but is a useful modality for all family systems. For more information:
- Emotion-Focused Family Therapy
- Mental Health Foundations: Resources for Clinicians, Caregivers and Clients featuring EFFT and beyond
Healing from Trauma:
There are multiple modalities proven effective for the treatment of trauma. These therapeutic orientations are evidence-based for the treatment of post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and other trauma related symptoms. For more information on these treatments:
- The Body Keeps The Score: Bessel Van Der Kolk, M.D.
- Somatic Experiencing: Trauma Institute
Internal Family Systems:
Internal Family Systems (IFS) is an evidence-based, transformative therapeutic tool. Please see the following resources for more information:
- Internal Family Systems Institute, led by IFS creator Dr. Richard Schwartz