In eating disorder recovery, patients must protect and maintain recovery achievements made through the process of transitioning from a higher level of care (hospital, residential, PHP, IOP) to outpatient care at home.
The Chesnut Group is offering The Bridge Program, an 8-week group series for adolescents who have transitioned from higher levels of care and would like support in addition to their outpatient team. The group will be limited to 8 individuals and closed to allow for cohesiveness and safety among group members.
The Bridge Program will offer 3 group sessions per week:
- The Process Group will provide a safe environment for clients to share experiences with one another, as well as to give support and feedback to other group participants.
- The Recovery Skills Group will teach clients strategies to support eating disorder recovery, drawing from ACT, DBT, CBT, and/or concepts from the book, 8 Keys to Recovery from an Eating Disorder by Carolyn Costin.
- The Parent & Caregiver Group will provide skill development based on Emotionally-Focused Family Therapy, an evidenced-based treatment for families with eating disorders.
Adjunctive Services offered:
- The Expressive Arts Group will offer clients a creative outlet integral with their recovery process, including the media of writing, art, and music. Art supplies will be provided.
- Therapeutic Meal & Snack Support will offer 1:1 virtual monitoring of teens’ mealtime in order to relieve parents.
We are currently accepting inquiries for participation in the Bridge Program, beginning January 23, 2021. An 8-week commitment is required.
Parent & Caregiver Group: Saturdays 10:30-11:50 AM
Process Group: Saturdays 10:30-11:50 AM
Recovery Skills Group: Mondays 7:00-7:50 PM
Expressive Arts Group: Wednesdays 6:30-7:45 PM
All groups/services will be held virtually via Zoom.
$150 per week (3 weekly group sessions)
8-week program attendance is required.
Expressive Arts Group: $50 per group session
Therapeutic Meal & Snack Support: $25-$50 per session
650-206-4505 X 5